booklaw alerted the board this week to a New York Times article breaking what is sure to be a hot button issue.Â “http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/…..artner=rssnyt&emc=rss Who needs Beverly Hills? We have valet parking right here!! ” It turns out that the Y on 9th street has started offering valet service for parents using the facilities.Â Reactions so far have been mixed. Livetotravel seems to feel that things might be getting out of hand in this “Spawnocentric” neighborhood.Â “I just wonder what has changed over the years to have made it imperative to have strollers with temperature sensors and pedometers since the days when my kids were little.” Jamzer comes out in favor: “I think the Y provides this service so that the strollers don’t clog the inside of the building. Since the YMCA provides child care, it makes sense that they need someplace to put the strollers.” And you’ll just have to stop by the thread yourself for Whatchuwant’s less nuanced reaction to the detractors.
Subscribe by Email
- I Wore a 40 lb Tunic Made Entirely of Jewelry-spun11 on Dirty Yellow Water in South Slope
- your dress is the focal point of the wedding party attire6 on Park Slope Entrepreneur Asks “What’d You Buy Today?” with Personal Finance Site, The Birdy
- managed service providers on Chinese Restaurant Website Defaced by Saudi With Anti-Israel Agenda
- Roxann Lua on Park Slope Now Has a Barbecue District: Reno Provisions and Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
- norma alicea on LGBT in Park Slope: Top Lesbian and Gay Bars and Meetups