Source: Brooklyn Daily
This is the work of Laurie Russell, a 58-year-old painter who hung up at least 4 tree sweaters so far this season to encourage passersby to “rethink their environment,” according to Brooklyn Daily. Russell says: “It’s a gesture of compassion for the tree — even though I know it doesn’t actually do anything … It brightens things up in the most bleak months.”
Russell will leave the sweaters up until March, when the “naked” trees start to get their leaves again.
This has been going on for several years now, at least, as this discussion reveals.
Subscribe by Email
- I Wore a 40 lb Tunic Made Entirely of Jewelry-spun11 on Dirty Yellow Water in South Slope
- your dress is the focal point of the wedding party attire6 on Park Slope Entrepreneur Asks “What’d You Buy Today?” with Personal Finance Site, The Birdy
- managed service providers on Chinese Restaurant Website Defaced by Saudi With Anti-Israel Agenda
- Roxann Lua on Park Slope Now Has a Barbecue District: Reno Provisions and Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
- norma alicea on LGBT in Park Slope: Top Lesbian and Gay Bars and Meetups