Anne-Katrin Titze writes in:
The wildlife habitat of Prospect Park is treated as if it were an abandoned lot -
Prospect Park Lake is used as a garbage dump by the Alliance/Parks and the lakeside as a sewer.
Everything left uncollected ends up in the lake, polluting further the already filthy, debris littered watercourse.
Alliance/Parks waits for rain, wind, snow, and the overflow of the lake to wash away garbage and human waste from the lakeside, into the lake.
Anne-Katrin told the Brooklyn Papers that these “tree people” have been using a dozen or more trunks and branches (on the east side of the lake, near the Tennis Center) for more than a month. They are shielding themselves and their things with sticks, cardboard, and plastic. She claims they’re leaving “junk in the trunks” and dirtying up the lake by using it for washing and cooking.
Subscribe by Email
- I Wore a 40 lb Tunic Made Entirely of Jewelry-spun11 on Dirty Yellow Water in South Slope
- your dress is the focal point of the wedding party attire6 on Park Slope Entrepreneur Asks “What’d You Buy Today?” with Personal Finance Site, The Birdy
- managed service providers on Chinese Restaurant Website Defaced by Saudi With Anti-Israel Agenda
- Roxann Lua on Park Slope Now Has a Barbecue District: Reno Provisions and Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
- norma alicea on LGBT in Park Slope: Top Lesbian and Gay Bars and Meetups